Over a five-year period, I helped GlaxoSmithKline develop communications for public reputation, lobbying and over-the-counter brands. My work for GSK ranged across the media spectrum including: TV, radio, websites, collateral materials, email campaigns, social media, speeches, presentations and lobbying strategies.
PUBLIC POLICY CAMPAIGNS
- The Triple Solution for a Healthier America
- This campaign was part of GSK lobbying initiatives leading up to passage of the Affordable Care Act.
- Focused on the skyrocketing costs of treating chronic disease, this plan suggested that a combination of prevention, intervention and innovation would help make American’s healthier and ultimately stem rising healthcare costs.
- The campaign included ads, speeches and presentations for GSK leaders, white papers, websites, materials for lobbyists to share with congressional staffers and in-stadium promotional campaigns with video and audio messages playing during Washington Redskins games.
GSK “SAVE BIG” CAMPAIGN
While “saving lives” sounds great in a speech, we understood that when it came to healthcare reform, members of congress would ultimately vote with their pocket books…just as most people do.
The “Rivals” campaign for Goody’s and BC Powders
- This was a consumer-facing social media campaign aimed at blue-collar families in the Southeastern US.
- We created a rivalry in which Richard Petty and Trace Adkins battled over who was tougher and whether BC or Goody’s was better for tough pain.
- The campaign was made up of Facebook and Twitter posts and videos of Richard and Trace competing in various challenges.
- In a promotional element, fans were encouraged to pick sides.
- The campaign generated 2.4 million impressions via social media alone.
- The concept extended beyond social media with radio spots and point-of-sale pieces.
Campaign case study
Speech Therapist radio
General Healthcare Campaigns
In addition to GSK, I’ve developed campaigns for hospitals, physician’s practices and elder-care facilities. Below are a few samples from a hospital campaign.